Friday, November 28, 2014

THE GRUDGE 3

The Grudge 3 DVD cover.jpg

I remember watching the American remake (The Grudge) with scream queen Sarah Michelle Gellar (Prince). It was atmospheric and spooky. The gore was just right. I barely remember watching it's sequel. I forced myself and my girlfriend to endure the completion of this trilogy.

The film was 'meh' by all horror standards. It expands the universe, but the characters are very weak and the plot holes are plenty. What made the remake so strong comes off as lackluster and forced. In the remake and even in it's sequel (Grudge 2) there was this sense of following the curse and it's time line. In this film, they threw all that out. They got very lazy.

If you are like me however and you must follow series like these to there end no matter how terrible it's become (Saw.....), then this film is for you.

The Grudge 3 is streaming on most all VODs.

No comments:

Post a Comment